We would like to inform all members that Ngunya Jarjum will be holding its Annual General Meeting.
DETAILS OF THE MEETING:
Date and Time: Thursday the 18th of November, 2021 at 5:00pm
Venue: Lismore Workers Club, 231 Keen Street, Lismore NSW (pending any lock down) *Please note that proof of COVID double vaccination required upon entry to the venue
1. Welcome & Acknowledgement of Country
1.1 Introduction by the Chairperson of the meeting
1.2 Attendees reviewing the register of members
1.4 Quorum (10 members are required for a quorum)
2. Proxy Appointments*
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of members
3.1 Confirming the minutes
3.2 Matters arising
4. Reports to be presented
4.1 Director’s report
4.2 CEO report
4.3 Operations Manager report
4.4 Programs Manager report
4.5 OOHC Manager report
5. Tabling of the audited financial statements for the year ended 30 June 2020
6. Appointment and remuneration of an auditor for the next year
7. Board of Directors
7.1 Election of Board Members
7.2 Filling of Vacancies
8. Questions from members and any other business
PROXIES AT GENERAL MEETINGS AND AGM’s
– Proxy forms must be lodged with the corporation at 70 Carrington Street, Lismore no later than 5pm Monday the 15th of November 2021.
– Members can appoint another member as their proxy to attend meetings and vote for them.
– A person appointed by a member as their attorney under a power of attorney may not give a proxy to another member or person to attend meetings and vote for them.
– A proxy appointment must contain the member’s name and address, the corporation’s name, the proxy’s name, the meeting where the proxy is going, and it must be signed by the member.
– The corporation must receive the proxy’s appointment at least 48 hours before the meeting.
NOMINATIONS AT GENERAL MEETINGS AND AGM’s
– Nominations to be elected as a director must be submitted in writing to the corporation no later than 14 days prior to the general meeting and state the reasons for nomination, the skills which will be brought to the corporation and detail the applicant’s relevant qualifications and experience.
– If there are insufficient written nominations to fill the minimum number of director positions, nominations may be taken from persons attending the AGM to make up that minimum number.