The Office of the Children’s Guardian has recently awarded Ngunya Jarjum five years accreditation giving great stability and further growth opportunities.
The Office reports to the NSW Minister for Family and Community Services and to Parliament.
Under the legislation, the Office of the Children’s Guardian:
- accredits and monitors the designated agencies that arrange statutory out‑of‑home care in NSW
- maintains and monitors the NSW Carers Register, a centralised database of people who are authorised, or who apply for authorisation, to provide statutory or supported out-of-home care
- registers and monitors agencies that provide, arrange or supervise voluntary out‑of‑home care
- accredits non‑government adoption services providers
- authorises the employment of children under the age of 15, and child models under the age of 16, in the entertainment sector
- administers the Working With Children Check and encourages organisations to be safe for children
- administers the Child Sex Offender Counsellor Accreditation Scheme – a voluntary accreditation scheme for persons working with those who have committed sexual offences against children.