Lismore Office (service delivery area Tweed Heads to Grafton)
Ngunya Jarjum’s vision is that all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people are looked after in safe Aboriginal and Torres Strait families and communities and are raised strong in spirit and identity, with every opportunity for lifelong wellbeing. We ensure all Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and young people in our care are provided with the best opportunity to grow up with a strong sense of belonging to their family, community and country. The Office of the Children’s Guardian has recently awarded Ngunya Jarjum five years accreditation giving great stability and further growth opportunities.
To support this growth Ngunya Jarjum is looking to further expand our Caseworker team.
Reporting to Manager Casework, your focus will be providing support and supervision to children in Ngunya Jarjum’s permanency support program (PSP) and to achieve quality outcomes for the children placed with the service.
The key objectives of the role include to:
• ensure case practice is delivered to a high professional standard and in a manner that promotes the safety, welfare and wellbeing, family and community connections of children placed in Ngunya Jarjum’s care;
• ensure services are delivered in line with established Ngunya Jarjum policies and procedures, Office of Children’s Guardian (OCG) standards and in compliance with relevant legislation;
• work in a manner that ensures sound community networks and fosters and maintains positive interagency relationships.
You will need a Certificate IV Community Services or be willing to obtain this within 12 months of commencement.
If you also have:
• Experience working in a permanency support program environment and strong casework skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage & work effectively with Aboriginal people and communities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective time management and personal organisational skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• High level of computer literacy with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Current NSW driver’s licence
We would love to hear from you.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
A generous remuneration package will be negotiated plus superannuation, leave loading and salary sacrifice.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
• Full non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
• An opportunity to really make a difference to kids and young people in our community
• A beautiful country location on the flourishing NSW North coast.
To find out more please contact Kelli Dragos from Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554. All applications will be received via seek online ad or email email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is 5pm on Wednesday, 8 April 2020.
This position is identified for Aboriginal people and exemption is claimed under 14d of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
Foster Carers are Always Needed
We are always looking for foster carers to help look after our jarjums. Please go to our Caring for Jarjums page to download an application form.